Back Office Integration
The data collected via the use of WiFly modules provides the basis for
back office integration. The BOI
acts as a general
automation tool, permitting the collection, storage, updating and
distribution of data in accordance with regulatory and company's own
requirements while satisfying the formats and safety/security
The BOI feature of the WiFly system has the following components and
- An EFB Database, managed via a central server, for data
collecting, storage, up-dating and data-mining, accessible for
various BO structures.
- A user 'portal' for the Configuration Management System,
supporting proper loading of new data on the EFB, assigning data
for an individual device or aircraft.
- Communication Management provides for automated distribution of
the reported data aimed for the specific users.
- A User Interface/GUI, provides for simple, unified data
viewing, and EFB configuration statistics viewing.
- Security/Encryption Management protects the integrity of the
data being delivered to or recovered from the aircraft.
The BOI enabled core management of the system to:
- Reduce management overhead.
- Ensure proper compliance for regulatory certification, audit
and industry requirements.
- Efficiently manage content located on the EFB.
- Develops and ideal system for expanded growth in future.
Value of Back office Integration by IMDC
BOI Survey by IMDC, Aviation Consulting Group